You’ve had the same bedroom suites for many years, and you finally decide it’s time to upgrade all the suites. Furniture, bedding and especially mattresses. So when you go to the store to pick out a new mattress, you find that the choices seem endless and the decision overwhelming — and then some.
So how do you start choosing the perfect mattress that fits your needs? After all, it is no longer a matter of soft and hard, standard, queen or king. No, there are different thicknesses, firmness, adjustable beds, heated beds, etc. So this decision requires some basic knowledge of what you like and what is best for your body – after all, the goal is to make a good night’s sleep easy , However?
Tips for buying a new mattress
1. Talk to your doctor to find out if there are specific designs that can help you sleep more easily, or if you should have or avoid any specific distress.
2. Do some research online to find out what people think about a certain type of mattress. Check out websites that talk about sleep, not just consumer websites.
3. Know what size mattress your bed frame can hold before you go to the store. This makes it easier to narrow down the options.
4. Be prepared to spend some money. This is not the time to cut costs!
5. Do not touch or sit on the mattress after arriving at the store. Actually lie down for 10-15 minutes. Don’t let the seller push you! If your partner is shopping with you, you should lie down on the mattress together to determine if it works for both of you!
6. Don’t give in to labels. Hard/soft can mean something different for everyone.
7. Be sure to check different types of mattress styles. Today you will find a long list of materials used, each with a different amount and type of support.
8. After finding the mattress you like, find out as much as you can about any warranties and guarantees, especially any special offers. (Don’t just look at the purchase costs, of course!)
9. Remember that if you have a platform bed, you don’t have to buy a box spring.
Buying a new mattress is not necessarily a stressful experience. Do your homework and set aside a day for shopping, and you’ll soon be able to sleep well on the mattress that makes you smile.